Jock Itch (Tinea cruris)
Jock itch or tinea cruris is
a common fungal infection that causes red and itchy rash in the
groin and upper thigh area.
Symptoms of Jock Itch
The symptoms of jock itch are:
- Semi-circular, red rash
- Itching and burning sensation
Causes of Jock Itch
A fungus called Trichophyton rubrum. This fungus grows
in warm, moist environment caused by wearing tight, wet, or sweaty
underwear and clothing in the summer or layered clothings in the
Who Gets It?
Jock itch affects mostly men, although it can sometimes occur
How can it be prevented?
To prevent jock itch:
- Clean the groin are regularly with antibacterial soap
- Dry the area well after showering
- Change underwear, clothes, or athletic garments regularly
- Do not share towels or clothings
Treatment of Jock Itch?
Jock itch's treatment include:
- Over-the-counter antifungal powder and cream
- Prescription antifungal cream and lotion