Skin tags or cutaneous tags
are harmless tiny growths of the skin.
Symptoms of Skin Tag
The symptoms of a skin tag are:
- Soft, floppy skin growth
- Usually small in size, although it can be as large as a pea
- Flesh-colored or dark brown
Skin tags are not painful by themselves - however, they can be
irritated by clothings, jewelry, and shaving.
Treatments for Skin Tag
You should not remove skin tags by cutting it off yourself, because
it may lead to complications such as bleeding and infection. Instead,
a doctor may remove them by:
- Excision with a scalpel and scissor
- Electrodessication (destruction by heat from electric current)
- Freezing by using liquid nitrogen
Skin tags that are removed usually do not grow back - however,
new ones may form later in life.